Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Love Transcends all Dimensions

I hold the belief that consciousness survives death, that there is a spirit world where we go when we die and a continuation of "life" in another dimension.

What if dying is like moving to a new place? I remember that when I relocated to Florida from New York many decades ago, I felt very attached to my New York friends and didn't want to leave them. I knew I'd miss the day to day existence of my New York life. There were farewell parties and long good-byes. And yet, as I began to plan for my new home in Florida I began to feel a pull toward all that I would experience there.

Those who watched me go were sad and some truly wanted me to stay in New York.

There are others who also believe that consciousness survives death and that their loved ones on the other side can communicate with them. Only, those who are still here on the earth plane long for more communication with those who have left and gone on. And, so it occurred to me today that even though the loving connection between souls continues, the souls who have left become involved in their new "lives". They don't just watch us and wait for us to "call".

When I moved to Florida, and began meeting new people and getting involved in new activities, I didn't forget my dear New York friends. However, I had less need to contact them on a daily basis. I knew that I could speak with them or write letters (this was years before cell phones, emails and such) and that every time we spoke or saw each other on my visits to New York, we could connect just as closely as we ever had.

Our love connections transcended all that transpired over the years and we never lost contact; They moved on with their lives and I moved on with mine. Yet, I can speak with each one and it feels as if no time has passed.

And, that is what I believe happens with death. Our loved ones go on to new adventures, new learnings as their souls continue to evolve. And, when one day we join them, it is as if they never left
.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting about that positive white light, Holly. I will try that too, when needed.
    I share your beliefs of what happens after death. I hope that my brother who just passed away is out on a new adventure. I asked him before he died, if he could try to give me a sign from the other side to somehow let me know that he is OK. He said he would try but added, "Give me some time because I first have to meet many known souls there." There are indeed many family members and friends who predeceased us so I'm waiting patiently until that moment when I may suddenly hear his voice or something happens that convinces me that he is near and at peace. This usually happens, I feel, when the worst part of one's sorrow has passed and when least expected.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Love,
    Gonny

    ReplyDelete